Thursday 10 September 2009

Jamie Audsley starts as the Citizen Schools Organiser

Hi everyone, I hope you’ve had relaxing summers and best of luck with the start of term if you’re heading into school, or the return to work if not.

My name’s Jamie Audsley and I’ve just been recruited by Ben and the COF team as the new Citizen Schools Organiser. Thank you for the warm welcome from everyone I’ve met and spoken to so far, and I’m really looking forward to getting to know you all in the coming year and beyond.

With an additional organiser focused on the programme we’ll be able to increase support for schools and their communities connected to the work of Citizen Schools and London Citizens; ensuring that your effort to create active, informed and confident citizens is as effective as possible.

I’ll be working closely alongside Ben to help support and implement the four strands of Citizen Schools (Alliance, Pathway, Community and Award) and I’m especially excited about getting out and about to learn with you in a real and meaningful way.

Before starting in this role I’ve worked on democracy, education and youth projects at The Young Foundation and London Youth, and more recently, taught Geography and Science at Addington High School in South East Croydon. It feels like this role will really combine all the skills I’ve learnt to date!

After organising a cross school humanities day which had an “active citizenship” focus during my last year of teaching I believe in everything you’re doing and hope to be a messenger to those who haven’t discovered a piece of the action quite yet. I believe that only by connecting our young people, schools and communities will we succeed in supporting a vibrant society, and only through teaching the art of politics in action will our democracy flourish. In this role I hope I can work effectively with you in this effort and play a small part in this massively important work.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch – I’m on 02070439874 and 07866567945

No comments:

Post a Comment